It’s the New Year and the perfect time to swap bad habits for healthy, life-changing choices.
We asked 1600 VINE and Equinox trainer, David Rogers to share the top 3 fitness tricks and most common mistakes everyone should know.
Top 3 Fitness Tips to Get the Best Results
1. Hydrate Water keeps your neurons firing, heightens your energy levels, prevents cramping and headaches, speeds up your metabolism, and helps you sleep. By drinking plenty of water before and during your workout, you’ll find that you have more energy and you’ll recover quickly so you can workout at your optimal level.
2. Stretch Stretching makes you up to 80% stronger before even working out. By stretching before and after your workouts, your muscles will recover quickly, your joints and muscles will have an increased range of motion and proper alignment, and you’ll see a positive change in your posture.
3. Be Persistent Find your favorite form of fitness and make sure you have a balanced regimen that helps you achieve your specific goals. Fitness is a lifetime commitment. You might as well find ways to keep it engaging and challenging. For example, group classes are ideal for pushing yourself, learning new exercises, and keeping yourself on a consistent schedule
3 Most Common Fitness Mistakes
1. Over-training When you try to make up for lost time, you become over-fatigued, you lose the quality of your exercises, then risk injuring yourself. This is a domino effect that quickly discourages you from consistently working out.
2. One Type of Workout When you stick to one form of exercise, your body adapts by creating a “muscle tolerance” that gradually increases, so you have to work harder to see more results. By changing up your routine, you work out new muscles and get results faster.
3. Mimicking Others Avoid comparing your workouts to routines you see on Instagram. Everyone’s body and goals are different. When you try to imitate others you can injure yourself and you may not see the results as quickly as possible.
The best way to develop correct form is by setting a consultation or working with a certified personal trainer. If you’re trying to stay within a budget, join a class lead by a certified trainer. Every Monday and Wednesday, David leads a Fitcamp and Circuit Training class at 1600 VINE that are free for 1600 VINE residents. Both classes focus on toning muscle with correct form in order to produce the maximum results.
These fitness tips will help you see results quickly and develop healthy habits that will last lifelong. Most importantly, get out there and JUST DO IT!